In recent years a new phenomenon has risen in the world of outdoor furniture: Poly Wood Furniture. Made from recycled materials, poly patio furniture is fast becoming one of the most popular choices for people wanting to add furniture to their backyard or patio. As a seller of poly furniture, we want to give you the scoop on Poly Wood Furniture and answer some common questions people have about this furniture phenomena.
Poly Wood Furniture is outdoor furniture that is crafted from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastics. Poly wood is a rigid, wood-like material that is made out of recycled HDPE plastic cartons (milk jugs, detergent bottles, etc…). Poly Wood furniture is comprised of approximately 90% of recycled materials. The end product is a beautiful, environmentally-friendly, and durable outdoor furniture available in many colors. All types of outdoor furniture are made from poly wood material, including Adirondack Chairs, Settees, Tables, Benches, Folding Chairs, Footstools, and more.
What Are the Benefits of Poly Wood Furniture?
- Poly furniture is environmentally friendly. Since it is made from recycled materials, poly patio furniture helps keep tons of plastics out of landfills and saves trees from being cut down.
- Poly Furniture maintains its color. Poly wood is an extremely durable material that does not fade quickly. Part of the reason for this is because the color in poly wood is infused throughout the material rather than just stained on the exterior like traditional wood furniture.
- Poly furniture can be left out in all weather. Poly wood furniture is resistant to warping, rotting, and molding. It can withstand extreme temperatures with little to no damage. You never have to worry about bringing your furniture in for the winter or summer.
- Poly wood requires little to no maintenance. If you own poly furniture you will never have to refinish it. It will not rot, splinter, or split so you will not have to worry about fixing it for many years. Poly furniture lasts a lifetime with little care required.
- Poly Furniture does not get hot in the sun. Poly furniture can be left out in the sun and you don’t have to worry about a surprise and unwanted bun toasting when you sit down to relax.
- Poly Furniture comes in a variety of colors to fit any environment. Poly wood material is easily colored in the process of making it, so there are nearly limitless color options that can be used in making poly outdoor furniture.
How Should I Care for My Poly Furniture?
If you are an owner of patio furniture made from recycled Poly Wood, there is very little maintenance required to keep your furniture in premium condition for a lifetime. Outside of an occasional cleaning to take care of dust and other dirt buildup, you will be able to spend all your time relaxing in your poly furniture rather than caring for it. You don’t have to worry about bringing it in for the winter or protecting it from harsh sunlight. It is made to make your life easy and relaxing.
How Do You Clean Poly Patio Furniture?
Poly furniture is easy to clean and does not require the use of harsh chemicals.
- Make a mixture of warm water and mild dish detergent (or another common household cleaner)
- Using water mixture, wipe down furniture with a rag
- Use a soft brush to clean cracks and other hard to reach places
- Rinse off with hose or clean bucket of water
Note: For cleaning off fungi or other tough dirt you can add some bleach to your water
Can I Use A Pressure Washer to Clean Poly Furniture?
Yes, you can use a pressure washer to spray down your poly wood furniture. Poly Patio Furniture is tough and does not have any coatings that will be damaged by high pressure. However, you still want to be careful not to use extremely high pressure at close range to avoid eating into the poly material.
If you have any more questions about the benefits or use of poly wood outdoor furniture, feel free to contact us.